Transforming leaders into
Dramatic change is taking shape in the fields of population health and healthcare. This fast and progressive evolution in our community requires capable leadership. In response, the Paso del Norte Health Foundation (Health Foundation) created REALIZE, an innovative leadership development experience that helps ensure a network of leaders, who are committed to improving health for future generations. Established in 2011, more than 60 seasoned and emerging leaders have graduated from the program and are taking this new knowledge to their organizations and communities.
The Health Foundation announced in August the 2017-18 Cohort. These 20 individuals participated in an intense nine-month experience, which is custom designed to transform good leaders into “transformational leaders” for the benefit of the region’s health.
The REALIZE program is dedicated in honor of Robert H. Hoy, Jr. Mr. Hoy was a founding board member of the Health Foundation and Paso del Norte Charitable Foundation. His leadership, support and advocacy of these foundations and his role as a leader and mentor to countless young leaders are among his many wonderful contributions to health and well-being in the region. The Health Foundation is pleased to offer REALIZE programs to build health leaders in honor and furtherance of Mr. Hoy's legacy.
(photo) (2017-18 REALIZE Cohort Top L/R: Jennifer Suitonu, Anabel Orquiz, Sandra Gonzalez, Krysten Aguilar, Terra V. Winter, Dawn Hommer, Gilda Gil-Lopez, Nicole Kent, Claudia S. Lozano, Susan F. Austin, Stephen Ingle and Megan E. Knox. Bottom L/R: Michaele Dawn Linden-Johnson, Kathrin Berg, Karen Yarza, Amanda Loya, Patricia Ayala, Emily Hartmann and Mariana Prado. Not shown: Anthony Tomaskeski)
- Krysten Aguilar - La Semilla Food Center
- Susan F. Austin - Ysleta Independent School District
- Patricia Ayala - Ysleta Independent School District
- Kathrin Berg - El Paso Community Foundation
- Gilda Gil-Lopez - Paso del Norte Children’s Development Center
- Sandra Gonzalez - El Paso Diabetes Association
- Emily Hartmann - PHIX
- Dawn Hommer - Community Action Agency of Southern New Mexico
- Stephen Ingle - Creative Kids, Inc.
- Nicole Kent - El Paso Child Guidance Center
- Megan E. Knox - The FEMAP Foundation
- Michaele Dawn Linden-Johnson - Medical Center of the Americas Foundation
- Amanda Loya - UTEP School of Pharmacy
- Claudia S. Lozano - City of El Paso – Department of Public Health
- Anabel Orquiz - El Paso Diabetes Association
- Mariana Prado - Vibra Hospital of El Paso
- Jennifer Suitonu - The Hospitals of Providence Memorial Campus
- Anthony Tomasheski - Boys & Girls Clubs of El Paso
- Karen Yarza - Fundación Paso del Norte para la Salud y Bienestar, A.C.
- Terra V. Winter - The Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico